Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My Random 7

Okay, I was tagged by Vanessa to join in on this 7 Random Things thing. I am one of the least technically savvy people I know. My daughter had to set up my blog. I depend on my kids and my husband to keep all the technology in our home up and running. I had to email V and admit that I have no idea how to go about this! I did check her blog, and it was full of links and color and everything I do NOT have on my blog!!

Anyway, here are the instructions:

The rules: Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged need to write on their own blog those 7 facts as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven other people and list their names on your blog. Then you leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.

HA!!! I just did a color change! I am really progressing, huh? Well, I don't personally know 7 people who have blogs, so if YOU have a blog and you are reading this, consider yourself tagged.

Here are my 7 Random Things About ME::

1. I have moved 23 times in my life. (Yeah, it's getting old.)

2. I am a book-aholic. It's truly a disease. I love books, I save them, I collect them, I hoard them, I sneak them into the house and shove them onto the bookshelf, pretending (to myself) that they've been there all along.

3. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a teacher. I let myself get talked out of it. Now, I homeschool my kids, teach yoga and teach knitting. I was a technical trainer for a while in the professional world. I guess you can't deny your true calling.

4. I long to be an artist, but I am a scientist, through and through. I love to cook... with a recipe. I love to knit... with a pattern. I think myself very daring if I make a small change in a recipe and it actually tastes good! My inner artist is begging to come out!!

5. I really don't like other people's feet. I even hated trimming my kids' toenails when they were babies! Feet are just sort of knobby and sweaty and bumpy and... gross. Fine words from a sock knitter, eh?

6. I'd prefer a nice bowl of tortilla chips and salsa to a dessert, any time. I love tortilla chips. I despise cheesecake. There are those days I NEED chocolate, but that doesn't really count as dessert... does it? I could survive on chips and salsa, I think. Toss me an avocado once in a while and I'd be a happy camper.

7. I enjoy washing dishes. That's right, I like it! I don't like to wash big pots and pans and baking dishes; Mike does those:-) I just like the warm water, the soap, the instant gratification of a pile of clean dishes. Seriously, we only run our dishwasher about once a week! Don't get me started on all the cleaning chores I DON'T like!!!

Okay, there's my 7, about as random as you can get.
Enjoy the rest of your week!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...and I was going to give you a great recipe for cookies that I absolutely LOVE!! Maybe a new salsa recipe would be more fitting :-)